Google to overhaul sexual harassment policies following employee walkout

“We have to roll out a few improvements,” CEO Sundar Pichai says in a note sent to Google workers.




¬†Google on Thursday said it’s creation changes to the manner in which it handles inappropriate behavior cases, including more prominent straightforwardness, new announcing channels, and making assertion discretionary for individual badgering and strike claims.

In a letter sent to Google representatives, CEO Sundar Pichai apologized for how the organization has dealt with lewd behavior cases previously and reported a “far reaching activity plan” to gain ground.

“We perceive that we have not generally gotten everything right before and we are genuinely sad for that,” he composed. “It’s reasonable we have to roll out a few improvements.”

It’s an issue that has hit home at the organization. Google representatives left the organization’s workplaces around the globe on Nov. 1 in challenge of the hunt goliath’s treatment of inappropriate behavior claims – particularly at the official level.




¬†The walkout came seven days after The New York Times distributed a sensation insightful write about inappropriate behavior at Google. As indicated by the Times’ report, Android maker Andy Rubin was blamed by a specialist for having forced her to perform oral sex on him in an inn room in 2013. Google supposedly observed the claim to be solid. The organization at that point requested his acquiescence, gave him a leave bundle of $90 million, and didn’t make reference to the unfortunate behavior in his takeoff declaration, as per the Times.

In light of the article, Rubin tweeted that the “story contains various errors about my work at Google and wild distortions about my pay.” He included, “These false claims are a piece of a smear crusade.”

Google said it had no further remark past Pichai’s letter.

1 COMMENT

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here